Europe Investment Manager
TheVentureCity is a global, early-stage venture fund that refuses to follow the conventional crowd. We offer promising founders investment with bespoke data insights and operating expertise – designed for product-led growth. With hubs in Miami, Madrid, San Francisco and Sao Paulo, we see beyond borders and create a steady current of resources for founders on the cutting edge of ventures.
We are hiring for an Investment Manager for the Series A team in Europe.
As the Europe Investment Manager for the Series A team, the main tasks will be those related to analyzing companies. You will know or get familiar with doing data deep dives, competitive space analyses or valuation scenarios.
You will be responsible for managing and deep diving into our dealflow. This will involve both the inbound (what comes to us organically) and the outbound (reaching out and finding connections with great founders in promising areas).
You will work closely with the whole investment team. Reporting to the Investment Director in Europe you will work closely with GPs and peers, as well as cross functionally with Data, Operations, Marketing & Comms or the Seed team.
You have the following experience and traits:
- 4 to 6 years of experience.
- Both at a startup (of any size) and in a financial/strategy/investment role.
- An investor mindset and business acumen. You think in terms of expected returns, scenarios or probabilities with a long term view.
- You understand cashflows and financial docs like a P&L or a BS.
- You understand growth accounting and have a data-driven background.
- Your English is native or bilingual. In the world of standardized testing, that would be a C2 (but you don’t need a certification to prove it).
You also have some of the following experiences and traits:
- You are analytical and love data.
- You have high empathy and admiration for founders. You understand the founder's journey and the challenges they face in different stages.
- You have a bias for action: you don’t wait for instructions, you assess the situation and you move in the direction you think makes sense to achieve the goal.
- You are a good communicator, and you over communicate with your team to make sure you are on the right path.
- You are a good writer, and enjoy preparing presentations and getting your points across.
- You enjoy traveling (for work).
- You are a self-identified “tech geek” who loves digging into new technology and gets excited about the future possibilities driven by technology.
- You are a natural networker and never miss an opportunity to make new connections. You are tied to your local entrepreneurship community or are eager to get involved.
- You are flexible and embrace change.
- Can work autonomously, and are ok with a hybrid/remote environment.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- You like living in Madrid.
What you will do:
- Perform market research to identify new investment trends and opportunities.
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities.
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM.
- Support Investment Director and Partner in performing due diligence on prospective companies. That may include:
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts.
- Research and talk to existing references/ customers of the target.
- Research potential competitors to the target company.
- Support research for valuation analysis.
- Help prepare internal investment memos.
- Keep track of the evolution and performance of our founders and their companies.
- Support our founder’s in their challenges and asks.
- Support in LP Reporting and communication with investors.
- Help prepare fundraising material.
- Help organize events for our community (founders, coinvestors, ecosystem players).
- Network with founders and VC peers.
- Support Investment Director and Partner in their day-to-day.
What else you should bring. You:
- Are founder first.
- Focus on outcomes and not on outputs.
- Are passionate and give it your all.
- Are a team player.
- Are comfortable with radical and transparent feedback.
- You seek to be the best version of yourself.
- You are energetic and are relentless.
What We Offer:
- Chance to work with a talented and collaborative team with diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking.
- A fun, people-first work environment where we value transparency, initiative and focusing on the end result.
- Regular in-person team and company gatherings.
On top of that:
- Competitive salary.
- Performance-based annual bonus of 25% base salary, after one year in the company.
- Private health & life insurance.
- 24 paid vacation days a year.
- Daily lunch stipend.
- Professional development / training courses.