Director of Marketing and Communication
TheVentureCity is a global, early-stage venture fund that refuses to follow the conventional crowd. We offer promising founders investment with bespoke data insights and operating expertise – designed for product-led growth. With hubs in Miami, Madrid, San Francisco and Sao Paulo, we see beyond borders and create a steady current of resources for founders on the cutting edge of ventures.
As the Director of Marketing and Communication at the early stage venture fund TheVentureCity, you will be responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing programs that highlight TheVentureCity’s unique value proposition, global presence, and data-informed approach to investing, further establishing TheVentureCity as a visionary in the industry.
You will manage a Marketing Manager and work closely with the senior team to ensure consistency and clarity of messaging across all channels, including digital, social media, and events.
The ideal candidate can produce meaningful and measurable marketing experiences incl. region-specific content (i.e. newsletter, thought leadership pieces, playbooks) and events plans, managing our media relations, establishing an external conference strategy, and managing agency and vendor relationships.
The right candidate has excellent communication skills, a love for tech startups and a belief in its potential to improve people’s lives.
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing programs across incl. content development, events, media & public relations, digital and email marketing, social media, and key presentations.
- Work with the investment and platform teams to grow TheVentureCity’s profile among key audiences such as founders, co-investors, LPs, tech partners/sponsors and other influential ecosystem players.
- Manage alongside the CMO, the company’s global brand, ensuring consistency of messaging and brand positioning across regions.
- Partner with co-investors, sponsors and other venture stakeholders on events, data reports and other marketing assets to extend brand reach.
- Collaborate with TheVentureCity’s in-house data team to foster our data moat.
- Manage external agency and vendor relationships.
- Define and track marketing’s impact on TheVentureCity’s business, target audiences in the 3 core regions US - LATAM - EMEA.
- Plan and execute flagship events (Feb - Annual Summit in Miami; Jun - Happy Hour in Madrid) and support investment teams with targeted founder/VC dinners.
- Manage the marketing budget including plan for sponsorship offset.
- Analyze market trends and monitor competitor activity to ensure our marketing and communication strategies remain relevant and effective.
- At least 6-8 years of experience in marketing or communications, preferably in venture capital or a tech startup.
- Proven track record of developing and executing integrated marketing programs, growing brand awareness, and achieving measurable results.
- Demonstrated experience managing PR/media relations, social media channels and website content.
- Hands-on self-starter who can lead and execute multiple initiatives independently.
- Proven team and project management skills enabling you to balance multiple deadlines to deliver campaign objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written content across a variety of formats (i.e. website, newsletter, media, presentations).
- Experience working with senior stakeholders (i.e. seasoned founders, corporate executives, etc.)
- Knowledge of the latest marketing and communication trends and tools.
- Creative thinker and passionate about reaching and engaging founder and investor audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Some travel required.
- Experience in venture capital or the startup scene is a plus.
- Being bi-lingual (English / Spanish) is a plus.
What We Offer
- Chance to work with a talented and collaborative team with diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking
- A fun, people-first work environment where we value transparency, initiative and focusing on the end result
- Regular in-person team and company gatherings
- Miami/hybrid; for ideal candidate there’s an option to be remote (EST timezone friendly)
On top of that:
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based annual bonus of 25% base salary
- Private health & life insurance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Professional development / training courses