Full Stack Engineer
TheVentureCity is a global early stage venture fund that invests in product-centric startups across the US, Europe and Latam. Our data-driven nature isn’t only reflected in the analytical due diligence we do or how we support our portfolio companies with data insights. We are also building the Growth Scanner, the product that identifies the opportunities and risks of investing in a startup that are only visible by looking at its data.
Thanks to Growth Scanner, we give founders more transparency into the investment decision and insight into their business. We believe that such an approach pushes the startup ecosystem towards being more inclusive, meritocratic, and data-driven.
At this moment, Growth Scanner works as a semi-automated report prepared by a Data Analyst, but we have much more ambitious plans for it. That’s why we're looking for a top-notch Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us build amazing things.
In collaboration with the product manager, you will be creating a platform that aims to bring startup - investor relations to the next level. You will be the owner of all front- and back-end technical decisions related to Growth Scanner, making it user-friendly, fast, reliable, and scalable.
What you will be doing, in particular:
- Design and implement full stack software solutions using best practices and design patterns.
- Stay on top of the technologies, and suggest the best choices for our needs.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Collaborate with SE contractors who can assist you in development.
First of all, we’re looking for a real teammate passionate about the value created — we want you to communicate, share your vision, and bring your own ideas. We also want you to listen and hear other points of view and be able to look with another person’s eyes.
We want people with a positive mindset, and with a passion for software development.
From a technical perspective, we expect:
- Proven achievements in delivering projects and features with the strong impact on users
- At least 3 years of experience as a building full stack web applications
- Be able to deploy to production AWS or Google Cloud using CI/CD automation
- Experience with developing and deploying applications to Serverless cloud infrastructure is preferable.
- Knowledge in data analysis using Python would be a plus
- Fluent English.
What we offer:
- Being part of a dream team with passionate people who work together as a team helping and supporting each other.
- A fun work environment where people are our priority.
- A place where we value transparency, ownership and focusing on the end result.
- A group of talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking.
- Team and company in person gatherings from time to time.
- Working either remotely or at our offices in Miami or Madrid.
On top of that:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- Support in your professional development
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance