What does Smowltech do?
Smowltech is on a mission to build trust in online learning. So will enable people to access quality education 100% online and as a consequence access to new opportunities that can improve their quality of life.
Online education is growing, but with it, some common problems are arising across the industry: teachers and evaluators do not trust to evaluate online.
How can organizations avoid online fraud? How can organizations verify that a user was actually the one who took the online exam or actually acquired the required skills in the online course?
Smowltech was born with the aim of helping organizations improve the quality assurance of their online evaluations. We have developed a system and method of authentication and continuous monitoring of the user in an online service using multibiometry.
Who are the smowlers?
Smowlers are the ones who make this happen and the core of the company. They make this company a reality, making a global impact and building the future of education.
What drives a smowler?
We're a growing company with happy and motivated people, working on an impactful product in a fast-paced environment. We are driven with the following values - 3BDAS:
- Be positive: Practice positivity: look for solutions, expecting good results and success. Acknowledge bad results or experiences, learn from them, do better.
- Be collaborative: Constructively explore ideas with others to search for solutions that extend one's limited vision (communicate, visualize and acknowledge).
- Build trust: By being honest and supportive, actively listening, being consistent, collaborating across teams and functions, and taking responsibility for your acts and words.
- Dare to commit: Decide to show up fully and consistently while seeing things to their logical or necessary conclusion. Make things work.
- Always go beyond your limits: Through self-awareness, curiosity and initiative. With determination, discipline and DOING.
- Stay Agile: Be able to quickly adapt or evolve in response to changing circumstances in a highly responsive way so that we deliver our service to meet and exceed customer expectations and in a timely manner.
Are you someone who likes a challenge and wants to take responsibility? Are you passionate about data and genuine stories? Do you like experimenting while aiming for sleek executions? In that case, you are the right person we are looking for to join our team!
We are looking for a Tech Lead to lead the technical roadmap of our products. This includes definition, planning and execution of different initiatives related to product improvement. You will be in charge of both defining the design and architecture of new high concurrency web applications/products and continuous improvement for existing ones.
You will work in collaboration with the CTO of the company and provide technical leadership to the development and devops teams. For this purpose, you should have previous leadership experience being able to guide, mentor and provide training for dev and devops teams.
All this, promoting a high performance and exceptional code quality work environment. To do so, test driven development (TDD) and unit testing related initiatives will be vital to be able to promote the culture of high performance and quality in the team.
- Provide technical leadership being a key player on the technical roadmap of both existing and new products/web applications architecture.
- Take decisions about technology choices both for coding or web application development and cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Create, plan and develop a strong technical roadmap for product performance optimisation transitioning to serverless environments for high-concurrency.
- Guide the tech team through different projects/initiatives providing training,mentorship and implementing a culture of high performance, quality, security andself-sufficiency.
- Develop standards, procedures and documentation to ensure that quality standardsare met and consistent.
- Implement KPIs and different metrics through the development process to be able totrack progress, measure and improve performance.
- Automate cloud infrastructure management using ansible.
- Engineering, computer science or similar degree or equivalent experience, Masterʼs Degree is considered a plus
- 5+ years of experience in developing/architecting medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems in a production environment with high concurrency of users, including experience with LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP).
- 3+ years in software development and task automation, preferably in Python, Node.js or bash scripting.
- Experience with common web design and architectural patterns (MVC frameworks) writing readable, efficient, maintainable code while following best practices.
- 5+ years building software applications on Linux hosted in an AWS environment, both with servers and serverless (RDS, DynamoDB, S3, EC2, Lambda, Fargate, SAM...). Familiarity with AWS Well-Architected Framework core pillars. Strongexperience using DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of AWS networking and security (IAM, Security Groups, VPC,Cognito).
- Experience working infrastructure automation tools, preferably Ansible.
- Experience in source code management tools like Git preferably using Gitflow.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, database fundamentals andSQL in high concurrency environments.
- 3+ years of experience as a tech leader desired.
- Smowltech's workers (Smowlers) are the pillar on which the company builds its products, so alignment with them is vital.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, initiative, and strong attention to detail, quality and performance.
- Ability to work independently and investigate on your own, but being a good team player to collaborate with a team and not get stuck.
- Ability to understand and help to make great product and business decisions from the technical/architecture perspective. Troubleshooting and analytical thinking.
- Responsibility for the tasks that are assigned to you and for completing them meeting your goals and objectives.
- Motivation to measure and improve work and development processes.
- Interest in learning and keeping up to date with new trends and technologies.
- Flexibility, adaptability, change management and great capacity to multitasking.
- Competitive salary, commission and attractive benefits
- Global career path for specialists and leadership
- Tailored trainings and development opportunities
- International and inspirational working environment with a dynamic work culture
Social Impact driven: enabling access to quality education through online learning, which is linked to the Sustainable Development Objectives (ODS) 4. Access to Quality Education and 13. CO2 reduction. How do we measure it?
- Objective 1: Strengthen the quality of online training.
- Indicator 1: number of online training users who have validated a professionaldegree or certification thanks to Smowl
- Objective 2: Improve accessibility to higher education or corporate training
- Indicator 1: Number of users with disabilities who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Indicator 2: Number of users in areas far from the training centers who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Indicator 3: Number of users with time restrictions who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Indicator 4: Number of users with financial restrictions who have been able to examine themselves remotely thanks to Smowl
- Objective 3: Reduce the environmental impact of trips to educational centers or corporates
- Indicator 1: C02 emissions avoided thanks to remote examinations
Join the revolution and build the future of education
- Our daily mission is to develop life-changing products that create better opportunities for all.
- Diversity is a key factor of our success, proof of this is our growth, product and engineering teams, which are integrated with talented people from several countries and different backgrounds.
- Despite our Headquarters being based in one of the most beautiful beaches of Europe in Donostia-San Sebastian, we have impacted the lives of more than half a million users in more than 15 countries over the world.
- Flexibility and trust are very important for our team, this way we call ourselves remote-friendly, with a flexible work environment, including fully / partial remote positions depending on locations and needs. This also applies to working hours.
- SMOWLERS enjoy having fun together, then we organize team events regularly to share something more than work projects.
- Learning is one of our most powerful tools, that is why we encourage and train our team members to become better and better every day.