Investor Relations Lead
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Reporting to the Head of Investor Relations, you will be responsible for managing many of Affirm’s internal investor relations functions. Over time, you will also develop relationships with Affirm’s investors and analysts and serve as a point of contact for them.
As part of a two person investor relations team, you will directly interact with all levels of Affirm’s leadership and work across the organization to gather information and disseminate it to investors. As such, you will play an important role in shaping the strategic, financial, and operating decisions of the company based upon investor feedback.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to assist in preparing all quarterly earnings materials, including: the shareholder letter, earnings supplement, press release, earnings call script, Q&A preparation, and other relevant documents
- Manage the investor relations CRM system, log and summarize investor meetings, and produce relevant reports for the Head of Investor Relations and Affirm’s executive leadership team
- Monitor industry developments and competitor activity in the public markets and prepare regular reports based upon the investor relations team’s observations
- Create meeting preparation documents to ensure that Affirm executives are well prepared for investor meetings
- Manage the investor relations website to ensure that information is accurate and timely
- Develop long term relationships with industry analysts and investors to educate them about the company
What We Look For
- Prior experience in either buy or sell-side equity research, particularly covering financial services and/or financial technology companies
- Prior investor relations experience at a high-growth technology company is a plus, but not required
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, the financial technology sector and ability to track peer companies’ financial and operational performance
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deliverable timelines in a collaborative manner
- Prior experience directly interacting with executive leadership is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with the financial and legal reporting requirements of publicly-traded companies
- Ability to understand and explain complex accounting concepts succinctly to investors and analysts
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on attention to detail; demonstrated ability to create professional content (written reports and presentations) is a major plus
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills, including proficiency with Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, and Slides) and/or Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience using investor relations software tools such as Capital IQ, Irwin, and Workiva is a plus, but not required
- Willingness to travel occasionally to attend IR-related meetings and conferences
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
Pay Grade - CAN28
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.