Software Engineer II, Backend (Capital Orchestration)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join our Capital Orchestration team, which is responsible for providing liquidity to Affirm by enabling the sale and collateralization of Affirm loan assets. To achieve this, our team develops a robust and extensible platform for on-demand transactions with low operational risk that scales to billions of dollars of collateral movement each month.
What you’ll do
- Build and integrate data pipelines from a wide variety of products and systems.
- Build a foundational platform enabling us to reconcile each transaction across systems, partners, and cash movements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the systems and cash flows which power Affirm.
- Partner with engineers on the team to help improve designs, code quality, and testing.
- Partner with product managers and accountants to design best-in-class systems and processes to reconcile and report.
- Partner with a diverse set of engineering teams who build financial products and perform financial transactions at Affirm.
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Fluency in back end development, event processing, and batch processing.
- Prior experience in designing, building, launching, and maintaining consumer scale products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of Python, Airflow, AWS, and Snowflake is a plus.
Pay Grade - CAN 30
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.