Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for an autonomous, driven, financial-language savvy professional to join our dedicated product marketing team, focusing primarily on leading content development and engaging storytelling across high-priority projects as an embedded partner of a product-driven team.
Success in this role means excelling at collaborating with cross-functional partners while leading and developing thoughtful, engaging storytelling. You ask insightful questions that uncover gaps and propel teams forward. You move easily between big-picture thinking and fine-tuning details. You’re great at communicating, explaining your reasoning, and advocating for both a consumer or merchant.
What You'll Do
- Define, maintain, and evolve Affirm's brand voice and help define how it comes to life across public communications
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to develop powerful, persuasive, and memorable marketing communications
- Research, write, and edit content and work through revisions to achieve optimal final product
- Work alongside product marketing managers to amplify our brand assets for online and offline marketing (including emails, display banners, social media, print, out of home, conferences and tradeshows), business collateral, and PR/media assets
- Work cross-functionally with PMs, designers, researchers, legal and compliance at all stages of the product development process — from ideas to optimizations
- Contribute your expertise to marketing strategy and vision (not just “how should this sound,” but “how can this be better?”)
- Write consumer and merchant-driven content that is clear, consistent, concise, and engaging
What We Look For
- 3-5+ years as a journalist, copywriter, or similar role (in-house or agency) • Superior writing skills (including grammar, editing, and proofing), strong editorial judgment, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take complex concepts and translate them into easy-to-understand, quotable language
- Experience with and an understanding of executive communications, including experience in fintech, financial services, journalism, government, or non-profit
- Experience concepting and ideating with a design partner
- A creative, intellectually curious person who is a thought partner and intuitive problem-solver • Proven understanding of brand and a passion for all things digital and social with experience in content creation
- A consumer of news and social media, in tune and touch with the present-day cultural conversation
- Interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and ability to work closely with others at every level of the organization
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, and demonstrated experience in developing personal work plans and goals • Ability to work independently within the context of a plan
- Computer proficiency is required—Adobe Creative Suite, Figma is a plus
- An eye for good design an added bonus
Pay Grade - USA28
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA base pay range (all other U.S. states) per year:
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.