Senior Technical Program Manager (Capital)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for an experienced, motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to oversee our Capital programs and streamline our processes for building great customer and merchant products. As our products scale in complexity to meet our accelerating business and expanding product lines, you will help our product and engineering teams develop processes and frameworks for building quality software, while evaluating new technology developments to drive potential features and products.
What you’ll do
- Drive complex, multi-disciplinary, and highly visible technical projects in service of our team’s mission of expanding our consumer product suite and platform capabilities
- Coordinate across many engineering teams and non-engineering stakeholders through the full project lifecycle to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives, ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be effective, and develop domain and technical knowledge
- Work closely with our leads and partners in Product, Engineering, Design, Infrastructure, Operations and Analytics to map out strategies and roadmaps
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage the project teams to achieve goals
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience project managing engineering teams
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Organized and strategic approach to collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams
- Track record of successfully launching software products
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication
- Obsesses over getting the details right but knows how to ship on time
- Working and driving strategic programs and building a remote friendly culture.
- Track record of successfully driving complex large technology applications and geographically distributed backend systems.
- Track record of strong stakeholder management with Engineering, Product, Design, Analytics, and other cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience in FinTech, Payments or Commerce is a plus.
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $138,800 - $208,200
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $124,900-187,300
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.