Staff Product Designer, Design Systems
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Product Design at Affirm drives business success by exceeding user’s expectations. We are guided by core experience principles:
- Anything, Everywhere: We quickly and reliably enable our customers to transact, anywhere they need it. We empower them to shop and pay how and when they want.
- Intelligently Anticipate: We simplify customers’ decision-making by showing them where to go.
- Refreshingly Honest: We build trust and always do the right thing. It’s on us to deliver honesty and simplicity in our experiences.
- Brief, Personal, and Brilliant: Our customer’s experience gets better as they use Affirm, and we can provide exceptional value.
- Reaffirm: Recognize, celebrate, and create joy so that customers consistently choose Affirm again and again.
We are a collaborative, remote-first team that is driven, highly skilled, and humble. We are looking for an experience Senior Product Designer to join on our team at a critical juncture to help define, build upon, and evangelize the Affirm’s Design System.
The Design Systems team is a small group of systems thinkers & connectors focused on the cohesive strategy of building, scaling, maturing, and improving our Design System. As Affirm scales, the Design System is an integral piece of ensuring a premium, elegant, consistent, trustworthy, delightful experience for our users.
What You'll Do
- Be the visual architect of Affirm’s Design System. Lead the refinement of the visual language of the Affirm Design System. Design scalable systems and frameworks with a focus on clarity, performance and high craft and visual luster.
- Deeply understand the user experience and clearly communicate and document consistencies and help remove discrepancies in the experience across platforms.
- Help create detailed documentation for the Affirm Design System to outline guidelines and standards
- Collaborate across functions including: Engineering, Design, Content Design, Product, Product Marketing, and Compliance & Legal when appropriate
- Be an expert on our Design System and engage with teams across Affirm to educate, inform, and answer questions
- Help to enable Designers, Engineers, & Product folks work more efficiently
- Analyze the internal (efficiency) & external (user impact) of design system components & features
What We Look For
- Exceptional visual design & information architecture skills with a balanced understanding of ‘just right’ design & timeliness
- Experience successfully designing and building scalable design systems
- Technical understanding of how to build and architect design systems
- Comfort in ambiguity: you are able to self-direct, prioritize, and clearly communicate with stakeholders in shifting environments
- Reliability: you communicate clearly and follows through
- Humility: you recognize the efforts & importance of all contributors to the Design System
Nice to Haves
- Experience with consumer finance, mobile apps and/or payments
- Experience with motion / animation
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.