Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Developer Productivity engineering’s purpose is to make work better for every engineer at Affirm. This group is responsible for development tooling, pre-Production environments, and everything that make working in a complex technical environment easier and more efficient. We are responsible for everything between the developer’s laptop all the way to production–everything in between including local development environments, CI/CD pipeline and workflow, test automation framework, Git branching, dependency management, and release engineering. We help developers write code and release into production as quickly and as safely as possible. Effectively serving a 1000+ strong engineering group working across a wide array of technologies in a hyper-growth Fintech environment is a fascinating challenge.
What You'll Do
- Build scalable developer productivity solutions for Affirm Engineering that will scale from 1000 engineers to 3000.
- Design and develop innovative automated solutions that enable developers to stay productive as they continue to add product features and functionalities.
- Create best-in-industry solutions supporting development, building and testing complex systems.
- Understand, analyze usage of and drive improvements to developer journey.
- Build tools that measure operational performance of all aspects of developer experience.
- Collaborate with developers, architects and release engineering to keep overall development process efficient.
- Stay abreast of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Affirm’s development processes.
- Be a critical part of Affirm’s Platform Engineering team, the backbone of Engineering at Affirm.
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training/fellowship/work experience.
- Experience in creating and improving engineering processes.
- Enthusiasm about providing a great experience to other software engineers.
- Proficiency in Git.
- Experience with build, test, and deploy automation (CI/CD) pipelines (BuildKite, GitHub Actions).
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus.
- Familiarity with build tools like make, buildtool, gradle, maven, Bazel or minikube is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Familiarity with Garden is a plus.
- You understand the trade-offs between build and buy.
- You prefer automated processes over manual ones.
- Eagerness to learn new problem space, tools, and technology.
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below:
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.