Product Manager, Capital
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
Capital is the lifeblood of Affirm. Without consistent access to liquidity for the loans we create, Affirm simply wouldn’t function. And as Affirm continues its rapid growth, it’s critical for the company to scale its funding capacity to support the growing billions of dollars in loans that Affirm underwrites every year.
That’s where Capital Product comes in. The Capital Product team is responsible for conceiving, designing, and building the next generation of tools, systems, and processes required to scale Affirm’s intricate Capital operations.
We’re looking for an outstanding product manager who is not bound to the existing paradigms of traditional banks. You’ll drive innovative solutions while partnering with diverse internal stakeholders across capital markets, treasury, strategic finance, and accounting functions. You are comfortable working with engineers in a technology driven agile environment. And most of all, you are motivated by a desire to reimagine how consumer financial services should operate, supporting Affirm’s mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives.
What You'll Do
- Establish yourself as a critical trusted partner of our internal Capital teams, i.e., your core users
- Become recognized as a domain expert in the subject matter and workflows that drive Affirm's Capital operations.
- Define and drive product strategy for your product area in collaboration with the head of capital product, your capital product peers, and company executives
- Define new products and features with specs, wireframes, and product flows
- Collaborate across functions – including engineering, design, capital, legal, compliance, and others – to successfully launch and scale internal products
- Collaborate across product teams to support broad initiatives that interface with Affirm’s Capital platform (e.g., international expansion, large merchant integrations, and new product verticals/ expansion)
- Analyze the impact of product features and define metrics for success
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Prior product or relevant experience in finance, treasury, or debt capital markets a big plus
- Experience designing products for internal and external facing partners with hard SLAs
- Track record of successfully launching and growing software products and services
- Clear and compelling in written and verbal communication, with experience crafting specs and designs around user stories, and a talent for precise articulations of optimized processes and workflows
- Deeply action oriented, with an eagerness to extend beyond one’s comfort zone to learn new skills, acquire new information, execute with excellence, and inspire excellence in others
- Obsesses over getting the details right but knows how to ship on time
- Driven to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with Snowflake (SQL) and GSuite for product analysis
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842 - 23,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.