RecargaPay is the Super App that simplifies everyday payments for consumers and SMEs in Brazil.
The platform streamlines payments for over 6 million Brazilians by consolidating credit and debit cards, instant payments like Pix, and Open Finance, on a mission to democratize mobile payments and financial services in Brazil.
Featuring services such as bill payments, mobile top-ups, public transportation, installment plans, and loans, designed with convenience, low cost and flexibility in mind. RecargaPay is changing the way both banked and unbanked Brazilians make their everyday payments and access their financial services.
Development is at the core of everything we do at RecargaPay. As an Engineering Manager you'll be part of the team supporting Recarga Pay's business growth by providing a scalable, secure engineering which will facilitate all transactions. You will be leading a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. We are looking for candidates who are excited to learn and to improve skills, who are eager to grow on a personal and professional level with our company.
- Help the teams to optimize their value delivery;
- Foster engineering best practices and techniques like TDD, Domain Driven Design and pair programming;
- Coach engineers in designing and planning feature implementations;
- Provide design feedback to enable team autonomy and a scalable and maintainable codebase;
- Use regular 1:1s to manage performance and guide your team through their career development and best use of their personal and development skills;
- Influence software architecture within the team and help coordinate dependencies with other teams. Advocate for the company’s strategic vision on the wider platform;
- Embrace and promote a hands-on culture, underpinned by high levels of observability and a “You Build it You Run it” mindset;
- Hire. Yes, we are constantly growing and you will also be part of the onboarding of engineers;
- Guide the team to achieve outstanding performance, measured through business impact and customer satisfaction;
- Interfaces with Senior Manager, VPs and SVPs or above and enables Staff+ Engineers to engage on department-level aspects of larger (sub-department wide) initiatives;
- Looks for innovation opportunities between several teams with a willingness to experiment and to boldly confront problems of large complexity and scope;
- Guides conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams;
- Exposes the work of the sub department and their business impact internally.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject. You have solid previous experience as a senior backend engineer;
- You have managed 2+ teams in larger and complex domains;
- You have 3+ years of experience working as an Engineering Manager, leading agile teams, remote and in-person;
- You have strong experience in Java/Kotlin (preferably, 10+, minimum 8+) programming;
- You’re familiar with AWS, Kubernetes (user, not admin experience);
- Used to deal with larger domains with high complexity;
- You have experience with distributed and fault-tolerant systems;
- You have a mature and business minded approach to your work;
- Knowledge of relational database systems and Object Oriented Programming;
- Deep knowledge in Domain Driven Design, Event-Driven Architecture. Knowing Microservice Architecture is a plus;
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Medical and Dental assistance without co-participation;
- Life insurance;
- Flexible Meal voucher - Flash;
- Home office assistance - monthly deposit in the RecargaPay app for personal use;
- Spanish classes;
- Educational partnerships;
- Discount in Universities for Undergraduate, Graduate and MBA courses;
- Anywhere office - work from wherever you want.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity is part of our DNA and we are in constant search for representativeness and evolution. We believe that our employees should be who they are, and that is what makes them unique in their roles - regardless of gender, religion, disabilities, LGBTQI+, ethnicity, generations and different experiences. And we are looking for people who are authentic and free to co-create a more inclusive and innovative company and society. Does it sound like you?
The use of your Data
The candidate, when sending the curriculum with personal and professional data to participate in RecargaPay's recruitment and selection process, is aware that the data will be used for the necessary analysis and validations throughout the recruitment process and for hiring, if necessary, as well as authorizes RecargaPay to share the curriculum data with other companies in the RecargaPay group in case opportunities arise in line with the candidate's profile.
In compliance with Law 13.709 / 18, LGPD - General Data Protection Law, the candidate may ask for the updating, rectification and modification of his information during the recruitment and selection process, or, still, request the non-use of the data under the terms applicable law.